Multimedia on the Web

Sandra-Lee Phipps mentioned that she showed a simple yet powerful multimedia story by legendary Magnum photographer Giles Peres in her documentary photo class at SCAD last week. And then a comment by returning super-blogger Alec Soth also refernced the same Giles Peres story on Magnum in Motion.

I finally took nine minutes out of my day to take a look. You should too.

I'd love to know more about how this piece was developed. Was it preconceived by Mr Peres going in or was it put together by a multimedia team once they saw the images? Was Mr Peres shooting the video himself? Somehow I can't imagine him with a handycam. Was he recording the audio? I love the bits that sound like they're just recorded off a local radio station in his rental car. Have a look and listen:

**note** video works best in Firefox




No comments: